Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Second Grade Round Two

There isn't anything quite like the feeling of waking up at five and getting to go back to sleep because you do not have to be up for another how. It's equally horrifying counterpart is waking up at 7:45 already late for your first day of student teaching. I got to experience both of these emotions today. I don't think that I have ever gotten dressed for one of my jobs quicker than I did today. I even had the [pleasure of making a half dressed call to the school to inform the office secretary Jenny that I would be late and could she please let my teacher know. After brushing my teeth and grabbing my lunch box (a totally adult style) I was in my car and sitting in traffic that looked like Allen Fieldhouse just let out. For those of you unfamiliar with Lawrence, Kansas and basketball, shame on you, this is the equivalent of Dallas traffic on steroids. I managed to make the trip to Eudora before the school day actually began. I even had the privilege of signing in with the other tardy students. Luckily my teacher is a saint and totally understood that it happens to us all. During the school day I witnessed approximately one wedgie picking, three different farting episodes, a case of tears from missing mom, an wipe out on the concrete basketball court, a power outage for most of the afternoon, and heard the word thong. Was even extended an invite to hopefully play in the Eudora Alumni Vball scrimmage this weekend;local already! All in all it was a great day and all of the faculty seems pretty nice. With such an adventurous first day who knows what tomorrow will bring. What I am certain of is that I will be setting two maybe three alarms tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I'm sorry your first day didn't go more smoothly! I'm sure you'll have an awesome semester though and you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete