Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Did You Know? Courtesy of Second Grade

I am supposed to be teaching these children, but I find myself learning so so much. For instance:
Did you know that you can begin having hot flashes in the second grade. I have a girl in my class who is living proof of this everyday about 1:30-2:00. Did you know they have pistachios at their house? Hard to believe, but it is true and when you are asking them reading questions they will be sure to raise their hand and share this unrelated yet nifty tid-bit. Did you know that POKEMON, contrary to popular belief has not actually gone out of style? Turns out some kids these days actually know how to do more with the card besides just trade them (makes me wish that I would have kept mine and sold them for some profit...don't judge...Student teachers have needs too.) Did you know that you will be asked no less than 10 times in a day if they can go to the restroom? There is no cap/ maximum to this limit because sometimes that amount can be achieved by one student alone in the course of a couple hours. Did you also know that most of the time they can hold it? Did you know that a simple reminder about not going to P.E. or recess until the can line up and be quiet still works like gold. Did you also know they can behave like they need to ALL of the time, but want your attention so they wait for reminders? Did you know that the trouble student in one of your classes will draw you a picture of the two of you and title it, "You Are My Best Friend." or in her spelling "You ar mi best frind." For the most part I did and what I didn't I have learned.

By the way my first observation went really well. Guess I fooled her into thinking I knew what was going on ;>

No comments:

Post a Comment