Thursday, September 15, 2011

Unit: The Constitution, Lesson: Hookers

From the mouth of babes. When reviewing what we've been covering during Social Studies one of my students raises her hand to answer. I get very excited because she does not do this very often. When I call on her instead of giving the guided response of The Constitution she proudly yells PROSTITUTION! How do you bounce back from that? Keep on moving like there is a fire under your butt and redirect students before they can ask too many questions! Then later laugh yourself to tears and tell all your friends when they ask how teaching went for the day. The only thing that trumped this moment today was giving one of my student's an accidental backhand. What makes it worse is he is one of the sweet ones. I was helping another student and went to point at a word that was on the board. Little did I know another student was trucking along behind. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until my hand had made contact with his nose. Luckily no blood, no tears, no lawsuit. I am fairly certain my face turned 8 shades of red because I felt so bad... not too mention for the first time I realized how easy it really is for a teacher to get accused of something and potentially lose their job. Mental notes to self... check left, right, left, and then point.

No comments:

Post a Comment