Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jean Friday has a WHOLE NEW MEANING!

Yesterday was a fairly decent day. The kids started their NFL math packets...a.k.a. coolest idea ever! They draft their team fill out some information about them and create that teams helmet. Then every tuesday from now till the end of regular season they will keep track of their teams wins. losses, and points. Then they take all of that info and do different styles of graphs with it. Who knew that meeting ridiculous standards could be so much fun. I taught my first lesson on Metamorphosis. Since my kids have bomb teachers there is even a song. Today the lesson went well with a few unexpected twists. One of my students caught a grasshopper that he decided to bring to school and share with everyone else. Truth be told I am glad that the thing was still alive after what I did to it. You see he brought it in an old ice cream bucket. I found the bucket picked it up and started shaking it around. I heard rocks banging around inside. I was about to open it when I heard some kids talking to one another saying that the student had brought in a surprise he wanted to share. I promptly set down the bucket and walked away (I can't go down for murder!) I let him share during science and then we went on talking about butterflies, did an experiment, and I had a real life butterfly to show them (he was obviously just taking a nap, for the rest of his life that is). Read some James and the Giant Peach and some Classic Berenstain Bears! The highlight of the day was securing my very first EUDORA CARDINALS shirt. I can officially take in the full priveledge that is Jeans Friday! Step back USD 491, cotton will never have looked so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment