Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Week and a Half in review!

Hello there bloggsters. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to fulfill my obligations to you lately. Allow me to make amends. A few weekends ago I got a rare treat! Early...and I mean early on Saturday morning I went to Basehor High School and watched four of my students play in their second grade tackle football game. There isn't anything like watching a dad pick his son off the ground by his face mask for making a mistake and being off-sides. It really warms the dedicated football lovers soul. Despite the rain, cold, and parent interactions they won 30-20!!! GO CARDINALS! It really meant something to a few of them so I am really glad that I took the time to go. Last week was pretty tame with the exception of the JOG- A-THON (fundraiser) where I was able to watch one of my students run all her laps in a dress and a pair of heels because mom does not understand what dress appropriately for running means. A few place value problems and a thousand blisters later she was ready to go home; her good deed for the school done. This week has been quite eventful. On Monday Mommy-pation essentially broke up with me. She told me her stomach hurt and then burst into tears! I took her aside and asked what was going on. She told me it was hard for her to talk about and then topped that statement with, "I don't want to lie to you anymore!" Normally I find great content in my single life style, but I made an exception and decided to work this one out so we could stay together ;> Later going to pick the kids up from lunch one of my students informs me that they just can't get "Puff the Magic Dragon" out of their head because it is so catchy. Instinctively I thought of Meet the Parents and classified her as a potential weed enthusiast. These feeling only increased when she began to sing it right there in the middle of the hallway. Needless to say my day was made. The only thing that topped it was the inappropriate giggle I got when one of my students once again spelled come ...cu...well you know! On Tuesday we had a real live bee keeper come in and do a presentation with his real life bees. Luckily no stings or fatalities were recorded. During my technology lesson on Wednesday, which was being observed by my University Supervisor, the power went out. Luckily I was able to improvise until it returned. And today one of my students told me that he mom and dad were " breaking up." All I wanted to do was hug her. We had a talk about how Ms. Sadler's parents were broken up too but that it would be okay. Tomorrow is once again JEANS FRIDAY. Hard to believe that this time last week I was headed to the OK Warrior Dash. Anyway we shall see what adventures tomorrow brings! Teaching...man oh man!

No comments:

Post a Comment